Having a perfectly managed Twitter account can help you brand to develop very easily. Most of the people will have problems in managing their Twitter account, so they can just clean up their profile along with their followers. There are few ways that can help to clear your Twitter accounts.
1. Managing Inactive Accounts- The first thing to do while cleaning up your Twitter accounts is deleting all the inactive users. Go through your Twitter profile to analyze and try to unfollow them. There are also few tools such as UnTweeps, Follower Filter and more to scan all the accounts that you follow to get the details if they are inactive. The Twitter users that you can follow is not more than 2000 as Twitter allows only this amount of followers.
2. Managing Irrelevant Accounts- After deleting inactive users, go through your profile to find out remove some other accounts that are not relevant to your category. Look for users who are irrelevant to unfollow them. Go through each profile to decide which one is good to follow.
3. Organizing Twitter Lists- Twitter lists are the best option to organize your Twitter account and you can create more lists as per your desire. Twitter lists are the best option to filter the users you follow. Try to maintain your Twitter lists private and know how to use them perfectly.
4. Cleaning your Profile- Try to update your Twitter profile in such a way that only right users will follow you. First update your name, then your profile picture and preferred theme option. Don’t forget to mention your website if you have one and include your birthday.
5. Pinned tweet- The pinned tweet will be the first thing that people usually after visiting your Twitter profile. Pinned tweet can make users to directly enter your website. To do this go to profile page in Twitter and select the tweet that you would like tweet. To unpin the tweet, just go to Twitter profile page and click ellipsis located at the bottom. Then select the option Unpin from the Profile Page.
6. Remove off-topic Tweets- Delete all the things that are not important for you. There are few posts that cannot be edited, so you can just delete them. To delete the tweet, go to ellipsis and select the option select Delete Tweet. Make sure you don’t delete most of things in the Twitter profile page and remove only unprofessional things that are present in your account.
Try to clean up Twitter account to get organized yourself very easily. There are also tools that can help to maintain your Twitter account active. Tools such as Buffer can help to schedule your tweets, SocialOomph for scheduling tweets, TweetDeck for improved engagement in real-time and Hootsuite to manage the multiple Twitter profiles. After cleaning your Twitter account, you can easily get back to your older things and follow up people who are suitable for your profile.